Dollar Store Flower Pot Makeover
Another project I completed before the birthday party was a quick makeover for a pair of ho-hum dollar store flower pots. My friend Heather helped me add some jute rope and fake flowers then set them out with utensils in them. Perfect for a summertime birthday party!
- Hot Glue Gun w/ glue sticks
- Jute Rope
- Flower Pot
- Fabric Flowers
- Foil or wax paper (to protect work surface)
1. Plug in your hot glue gun to warm up. Cut the stems of your flowers about 2″ from the flower.
2. Turn the flower pot upside down. Put a dollop of glue against the rim of your pot and secure the end of your rope on it. Squeeze a line of glue around the pot rim and press the rope into the warm glue.
3. After one row is complete, add the flowers by bending the stems until they lay flat against the pot. Secure with a lot of glue. Then wrap the subsequent rows over the stems.
4. Continue gluing the rope onto the pot. Make sure to press each row of rope tightly against the row before it.
5. When you reach the bottom of the pot, secure the end of the rope with another dollop of glue. Be sure your rope doesn’t extend past the bottom of the pot or it could make the base wobbly.
Now set them on your table and fill with utensils. Later you can put a plant, flower or pens inside.
Are you ready for Independence Day? Would you like a quick and easy sewing project to add some patriotic flair to your home? Hop on over to Parentables to read my tutorial for making adorable star pillows.
And don’t forget, today (June 30th) is the last chance to enter the giveaways! I will be picking the winners after midnight tonight.
Rock n’ roll, cool article mate, thanks a lot!
What a fantastic idea! I love it! Those ceramic pots are at walmart too for super cheap! Thanks for the inspiration!
So stinkin’ cute. I’ll echo the comment that someone else made – Why can’t I think of things like that?!?
Love the pots, but I have a dumb questions..Do you cut the rope each time you start a new row??
Thanks for the help!
What a clever idea!
Super cute idea! I love stealing inspiration from all of you creative ladies!!
The pots are so cute! I may have to “borrow” your great idea!! Lesa
Great idea! I like wrapping yarn around containers for a similar effect.
Those pots look so cute. Why, oh why, can’t I think of things like this?
How cute! Love this idea, it’s perfect for summer! Marcia