Making your bathroom beautiful doesn’t have to be expensive or require a designer. Here are 12 Inexpensive Ways to Decorate Your Bathroom. There are many ways to amp up your bathroom’s style and in some cases add organization and storage.
(I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience. I earn a small percentage from a purchase using these links. There is no additional cost to you. You can read more about affiliate links here.)
Did your grandmother have a fuzzy seat cover? Or a doll that hid toilet paper under her skirt? I promise these are not some of the decorating ideas I have. But, I do have some unconventional ways to decorate your bathroom. Today, I’m sharing these 12 Inexpensive Ways to Decorate a Bathroom that will make your bathroom look amazing for a fraction of the cost of a renovation!
Making your bathroom beautiful doesn’t have to be expensive or require a designer. There are many ways to amp up your bathroom’s style and in some cases add organization and storage. Here are 12 inexpensive DIY projects that will make your bathroom look amazing.
- Add shelving in your bathroom to add more storage and provide a spot to display your treasures.
2. If your bathroom is large enough, add a bench or some seating to give it a comfortable spa feeling. Add a small basket to hold towels neatly and close at hand.
3. Swap out your builder grade mirror with something more stylish. Oftentimes you can purchase an elegant mirror at your local home improvement or home décor store. You can also update a dated mirror with a custom frame you build yourself.
4. Dated vanities can be updated in an afternoon with a coat of paint and new hardware.
5. If your vanity is beyond saving, consider replacing it with an antique dresser. Not only does this look beautiful, but it can add more storage drawers.
6. To increase visual interest, add decorative moulding to your bathroom walls using simple 1″ x 4″ pine boards and detailed trim.
7. To make your small bathtub feel larger, install a curved shower curtain rod. Swap out the old shower curtain with a pretty new one.
8. Large family? Add more towel hooks by attaching decorative storage hooks to a 1″ x 6″ board and secure the board to wall studs.
9. Still need more storage? Use storage baskets or bins to hide your toiletries. You can make a storage unit like the one below using one 1″ x 8″ x 8′ board.
You can also gain storage by hanging a wooden crate on the wall.
10. Swap out a dated light fixture for a more modern light. If you have some electrical experience you can do this yourself, or look for a qualified electrician on Angie’s List.
11. Need inexpensive wall art? Create visual interest by applying wood scrap squares to the walls.
12. Finally, the simplest and cheapest way to decorate your bathroom is with a vase filled with fresh flowers.
Hope these gave you some great ideas for decorating your bathroom on a budget.
Hope you get some great ideas for decorating your bathroom on a budget. Want to start DIYing your bathroom this weekend? Here are an entire host of bathroom renovation tutorials to help you earn more skills in no time!