https://prettyhandygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/RollinPaint.jpg 426 640 Brittany Bailey https://www.prettyhandygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/PHG-logo-mobile-2020.jpg Brittany Bailey2010-11-10 22:32:002021-08-23 19:03:49Easy Clean Up Paint Tray Liner
The other day I started to show you some of the DIY projects we worked on at my sister, Alana’s house. I mentioned the touch up painting we had to do in her kitchen.
So, I figured I’d show you our tried and true paint tray liner. Easy clean up and finally a use for those plastic bags (although I advocate using reusable bags, I still somehow end up with a plethora of these plastic grocery bags.)
Let me call my assistant to show you how to do this. While we’re waiting for her, grab your paint tray, two plastic grocery bags and some painter’s tape.
|And here she is, my lovely assistant and Pretty Handy Sister, Caitlin|
1. Take your plastic bag and turn it inside out so the ink is on the inside. If you don’t do this the ink will run into your paint. Not a pretty sight.
2. Slip the bag over the top of your tray and secure it with a piece of painter’s tape.
3. Take your second bag and flip it inside out. Then slide it over the bottom half of your tray. Make sure the bags aren’t too tight around the tray. They should conform to your trays sides and bottom.
Now, put a piece of tape at the top of the bag.
4. Then turn your tray over and affix one more piece of tape to the back side.
5. Pour your paint in the tray and start rockin’ and rollin’!
|The lengths I’ll go to for my sister!|
6. When you are done, salvage any paint you can and put it back in your paint container. Then carefully peel the tape off the back of the tray and fold both bags in and around the paint. Then you can pick up the bag and dump it in the trash. Be sure to clean your brushes well. See this post for tips on cleaning and your paint brushes.
Touch Up Painting Done – CHECK!
Here is my sister’s kitchen, all touched up.
I love the glass tiles and the granite is gorgeous. It has cobalt blue flecks in it.