Sneak Peek of our Kitchen
I am so thankful for all the comments and well wishes you have given me over the past six months. Many of those comments have lifted my spirits during the long kitchen renovation process. Your belief in me has truly allowed me to take on projects I would have probably shied away from.
After 6.5 months, we finally unpacked our boxes and officially moved back into the kitchen. The plumber hooked up our sink and dishwasher on Tuesday. It was a milestone for us. My boys (young and adult) acted as if the kitchen sink was a thing of wonder.
As a thank you for helping me through the process of building our kitchen back after the leak, I’m giving you a little sneak peek of the progress. It’s not complete, but I feel like I owe you this little video preview:
- Kitchen design plans by Amy Norris with Ferguson Enterprises, Raleigh, NC
- Kith Plywood Construction Kitchen Cabinets
- Globus Cork Tile Floors
- Uttermost Hanging Pendant Light from GoldenAgeUSA.com
- Delta Cassidy Touch2O Faucet
- Carrera Venato Honed Marble Subway Tiles (to be installed),
- Eco by Cosentino White Diamond Recycled Glass Countertop
- Bronze with Copper Highlights Cup Pull and Clear Octagon Cut Glass Knob from D Lawless Hardware
- Farmhouse Sink by Kohler
- GE counter depth microwave
- Blue Lower cabinet color is Sherwin Williams Copen Blue
Just getting caught up on our kitchen renovation? You can read ALL about how we went from a small water leak to bare studs to a working kitchen!
- Polybutylene Pipe Leak turns into Moldy Mess
- My World Upended, Asbestos Discovery and Removal -All You Ever Wanted to Know About Asbestos
- Planning New Kitchen Layout and more
- Planning Colors and Materials for the New Kitchen
- Let the Demolition Begin
- How to Remove Soffits
- Move Back in the Kitchen Temporarily and Throw a New Year’s Party
- Termite Damage and Kitchen Update
- How and When You Should File for a Permit during a Kitchen Renovation – Your Questions Answered
- Everything You Should Know about Termites and Termite Damage
- How to Survive without a Kitchen During Renovation
- Furing out the Wall, Ceiling Patch, and Clean Air
- Drywall Installation Tips
- How to Finish Drywall Seams
- How to Install Recessed Lighting
- Installing Cork Tile Flooring
I’m so happy to find another handy woman! I am the person in our house who tackles all the fix-it jobs and have learned the hard way on many projects. Love this website – thank you!
Mary Cay, Girl Power!!!
I learned when remodeling a past house the following…
The vent for the stove should really be larger, wider then the width of stove.
I also made it easy for my kids to learn how to properly set silverware at place setting
just set the drawer dividers so that from left to right, the silver is in the same as it would go at each setting. ie: salad fork, dinner fork, knife, spoon , spoon etc. Even my son remembers.
I am curious about your range hood. I didn’t see any DIY references to you making it so am assuming your cabinet people did it? You do have a lovely kitchen and I know you all are thrilled with how it finished out.
Anna, thanks for your compliment. I did design and build the range hood and the tutorial will be later this summer ;-).
It looks AMAZING! I love the two tone cabinets too, love that blue. And your floor, every time I see it I love it even more. We are getting a new floor in the kitchen (soon) and I might just have to go with this one. 🙂 It all looks so amazing together too, can’t wait to see it all finished with the back splash and everything.
Oh my gosh! I LOVE your new kitchen! I am so jealous. Everything looks amazing!!! Love the floor!
Thanks Traci. It’s not done yet, but hopefully soon!
Brittany….Your kitchen is so beautiful!…I love the colors you chose…Oh, I just love EVERYTHING about your kitchen…I am so happy that this project is coming close to completion for you…Yes, you will love that sink..I have a Kohler apron sink also and could never go back to another sink again…and I have ordered the same hardware from D. Lawless!!…I won a GC from them!!…Again, so happy for you Brittany…you did a gorgeous job as usual…
Your kitchen looks wonderful so far, Brittany! Thanks for sharing all your sources and ideas! We’re all waiting for the reveal. Keep up the good job.
I found your blog through The Lettered Cottage and have now spent the last 2 hours reading all about your kitchen reno – LOVE IT! I plan – someday- to redo our 1992 honey oak cabinets and absolutely love the colors you’ve chosen for your cabinets. This may be a silly question – but with the color you chose for the blue, did you paint them yourself or did the cabinet manufacturer do it for you? I just love the entire look and will now be showing this to my husband tonight (poor guy!) Can’t wait for the full reveal!
Kim, not a silly question at all. I didn’t paint the cabinets. I had them match Sherwin Williams Copen Blue. THe factory finish will always be stronger than anything I could paint ;-).